New to makeup? No worries, we’ve got you covered
If you’re very new to make up then you will find the world of cosmetics very overwhelming. When you’re just a beginner then the best way to start is to go about with the basics to get your beauty bag full. Use a checklist as your guide and make sure you don’t get too excited and start filling your bag with different types of the same product. Given below are a few must have makeup essentials:
- Foundation: One of the basic makeup essentials is foundation. Foundation evens out your skin tone and gives you an even toned flawless complexion. However, if you don’t like the feeling of foundation on your skin, you can always opt for a tinted moisturizer.
- Concealer: It is very important to keep a concealer incase you don’t like foundation. It hides blemishes and under eye circles effectively. Nowadays you get pure organic vegan makeup products that are cruelty free and safe.
- Bronzer/Blush Duo: A bronzer Blush Duo makes things very easy for you. Blush adds a rosy tinge to your cheeks and bronzer adds a golden and polished look to your face and you can get both in the price of one.
- Highlighter: A highlighter comes in both powder and cream form. Some people prefer the cream over powder because they claim it’s easier to work with and doesn’t leave a glittery mess around. The powder version usually has chunks of glitter that doesn’t stay for long. The cream version on the other hand, blends beautifully with the skin.
- Eyeshadow palette: The eyeshadow palette is a very important part of basic make up. If you’re a beginner you don’t need more than one palette for daily use. A basic eyeshadow palette for beginners should have some neutral shades for everyday use and some darker ones for party wear. People who are cosmetic junkies can get a customised makeup palette for daily use that can go with their clothing choices.
- Eyeliner: Having an eyeliner is very important. It is one of the top makeup products that every beginner to should You can start with a a basic pencil one and later when your hand is set you can start using liquid liner. Buy a black colour liner at first before you start experimenting with other colours.
- Mascara: Mascara is something you should always keep in your arsenal. Mascara adds volume to your lashes and helps in bringing out the colour of your eyes, be it black, green, brown or blue.
- Brow pencil: It is very important to maintain your eyebrows and they should always look good, either in a dramatic or a minimal form. If you’re going to apply make up, don’t miss this essential product. There are many tutorials on how to do the brows on youtube. You can always check them out for some inspiration.
- Lipstick, lipliner and lip gloss: This is an important makeup essential. You can start with the nudes and ease into the darker louder shades or you can just delve straight into the darker shades. Lipstick comes in organic vegan makeup products as well which is great for both you and the animals around you. If you ever want to feel confident, always wear a dark shade of red or the marsala shade. A good lipstick can do wonders for your self esteem.