Durgadevi Saraf Institute Review
Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and offers 120 seats to MBA students every year. CAT, XAT, CMAT, MH-CET, MAT and ATMA exams are accepted for getting admission in MBA.
- The classrooms of DSIMS for MBA are equipped with the latest and updated projectors. The state-of-the-art library houses 144 journals, 3000 books, 5 databases, national; and International magazines & newspapers. E-Library can be accessed from anywhere in the campus of DSIMS. The institute has centralized air conditioning, I-Mac labs, and theatre rooms.
- The faculty has incredible market experience and is very approachable. 50% of the teachers are doctorates and it shows from the all-embracing techniques of teaching adopted by them. The teaching methods of DSIMS are dedicated and inclusive. Regular group discussions are conducted to help students come out of their shells.
- Summer internships are an integral part of the Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies. These internships last for 8 weeks, starting from May to June. During these internships, students are made to work on specific industry-assigned projects, the scope of which is decided by the company. Some notable companies can be, Mahindra & Mahindra, Bank of India, ICICI, Amul, Bank of Baroda, Zee Entertainment, Bharti Airtel. These internships provide a before-hand experience of business management and marketing.
- The institute also conducts conferences with multiple personalities of the industry, which is a golden experience for the students working towards making a name in the marketing or finance world.
- The IRB scholarships introduced in the institute are uplifting and sets approachable targets for students. It provides merit-based awards for high academic achievers. The BKT Endowment free ship helps those students who face difficulty in affording education due to lack of funds.
- The availability of hostels for girls has smoothened the worries about staying. The locality is safe and green and gives out a good ambience. The institute provides great support for boy’s accommodation.
- Durgadevi Saraf institute provides great placements for the MBA pass-outs. Packages revolve around 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs. 100% placements are provided for marketing, HR, and Operations, whereas for Finance, it is somewhere around 80%. The college has networked with people and relations with many big firms, which result in the goodwill of the college
- Entrepreneurship programmes held by IIT Kharagpur prove to be beneficial for the marketing and MBA graduates in supplying market experience ahead of schedule.
- Students report the institute to be the best option for pursuing an MBA at a reasonable fee and with decent faculty and education. It is said to be a smart investment at a great rate of return.
- DSIMS keeps on updating and improvising its curriculum. The recent introduction of Six Sigma, Geo-Politics and Business Analytics has increased the bars and scope of learning in the institute.
- There are a lot of events organized by the events which keep the mood jolly and light. Garba night and the traditional day was held, in which students and professors came together to participate in their colourful attire. The institute also organizes the annual event- Sabrang, which is a unique festival made out of a combination of culture and management at DSIMS. The international immersion program works wonders to broaden the students’ horizons and provide them the right exposure.
Check out the complete information related to admissions, cutoffs, placements, courses and fees for Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies at https://www.shiksha.com/college/durgadevi-saraf-institute-of-management-studies-malad-west-mumbai-35872