ROLE OF AYURVEDIC HERBS IN THE TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION
Hypertension has become very prevalent among the population these days that individuals are not taking it seriously. Blood pressure can be regulated to some extent by taking medicines, eating healthily, and exercising. When the blood pressure is above 140/90, a patient with hypertension or high blood pressure is considered to be an individual. If the pressure is constantly high over a while or left untreated, it leads to fatal diseases.
The main causes of hypertension these days are an unhealthy diet and a sedentary lifestyle. Impaired digestion and toxin accumulation in the body, however, also leads to increased stress. Added to that stress, anxiety, and negativity also causes hypertension. Some of the hypertension symptoms are symptoms such as neck back pain (occipital headache), dizziness, or vertigo, Palpitations and fatigue.
Apart from making some lifestyle changes like exercise, yoga, etc. ayurvedic treatment of hypertension also involves making changes in your diet. Some of the diet changes that need to be made are,
- Avoid meat, eggs, salt, and pickles from the table.
- Avoid smoking as heart rate rises.
- Cut down on the dairy intake.
- Add more green vegetables and spinach to your diet.
- Lemon which is rich in Vitamin C helps reduce the pressure in heart
- Add lots of onion, garlic, and amla to your diet
- Replace tea and coffee with green tea.
- Avoid alcohol
Along with these dietary changes, taking medications that have these powerful ayurvedic herbs also helps to manage hypertension. Some of the herbs that help treat hypertension are,
- Brahmi – Because of a glycoside discovered in it, it is regarded as the main Ayurvedic herb and respiratory tonic. It lowers the amount of stress and blood pressure. It also enhances the body’s blood circulation.
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb and one of the most common Ayurvedic herbs to reduce not only blood pressure but also inflammation and stress. Adaptive herbs reinforce the mind and body and enhance physical and psychological stress handling ability.
- Arjuna is a strong herb to reduce high blood pressure. This herb accelerates LDL or low-density lipoprotein cholesterol turnover in the liver so that the so-called bad cholesterol is not oxidized to form atherosclerotic plaque in your blood vessels. Arjuna decreases the impacts of stress and nervousness.
- Guduchi is well known to remove toxins from the body and to clean the digestive system.
- Mukta Pishti reduces the heat in the body and cools it down. It balances the acid secretion and also helps to control the pressure in the heart.
The Ayurvedic therapy for hypertension is intended to identify the root cause of the disease and then to administer herbs which can eradicate the issue from its origins. To do this, it is essential to improve digestion and reinforce the digestive fire. The toxins from the body also have to be removed. So, ayurvedic medication for hypertension should have the above-mentioned herbs and also a few others like Gazoban, Jyotishmati, Honey, Pushkarmool, Prawal Pishti, Shankhapushpi, etc. which plays a major role in reducing the pressure around heart.